2020 Summer Intern Ministry Worker
Lansdowne Community Baptist Church (LCBC) in Edmonton is calling a full-time Summer Intern Ministry Worker (English or Chinese ministry). The purpose of this ministry is to train up and raise next generation pastor, missionary, ministry worker and church leader for God’s Kingdom.
- Born-again and baptized Christian
- Desiring to become a pastor, missionary, or Christian ministry worker/church leader
- God’s calling and direction for ministry, experience in ministry leadership, and currently pursuing theological training
- Having a humble heart, willing to learn and to be trained, to submit to pastoral supervision, to practice spiritual discipline and develop spiritual formation so as to be better equipped to serve the Lord
- Eligible to work in Canada, must be 18 years of age or older.
Internship period: June 1, 2020 to August 31, 2020
Details of training and ministry work assignment will be arranged by our church pastoral staff based on the candidate’s burden, gift, and area of personal development and growth.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to the church office in person or by email: email@example.com
Application deadline: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled or by April 30, 2020
Full-Time Children’s Ministry Pastor
Lansdowne Community Baptist Church is a dual-congregational (Mandarin and English), multi-generational evangelical church in Edmonton.
We are looking for a person who has God’s calling for full-time pastoral ministry and the heart and passion to serve the Lord through
children’s ministry. This pastor would have a vision in developing our vibrant children ministry to the next level. The pastor will be
strong in preaching/teaching and in leadership, and be capable of building up a ministry team of teachers and helpers.
The pastor is also a good communicator and able to develop strong relationships with both the English and Mandarin congregations.
This position will also be starting up a brand new weekly children’s outreach program such as Awana in the near future.
- Evangelical church background
- Calling from God to full-time ministry
- Passion to serve the Lord through children's ministry
- Graduate from Christian University/College or Seminary with Bachelor degree or higher
- Experience in both leadership and pastoral care in children’s ministry
- Ministry is in English, Mandarin language skills are an asset
General job description:
- Works under the lead pastor and is responsible to the board of deacons
- Coordinates with the Children’s Ministry deacon for mobilization and administration related to children’s ministry
- Provides spiritual direction and leadership for the Children’s Ministry
- Provides pastoral care for the Children’s Ministry team and overseeing spiritual needs of the children
- Responsible for preaching, teaching, and training of Children’s Ministry workers
- Reaches out to children’s parents and families
Please send your application to our Pastoral Search Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your application should include a resume along with a cover letter.
This position will remain open until filled.